Sunday, June 2, 2013

Cake Banner Tutorial



Or cake flag. The in-thing thingy you cucuk on a cake. Non edible.

So that day I made for my sister's birthday. Mama buatkan moist chocolate cake. Kalau buat cake fondant sure tak makan. Jadi I made the cake banner. Tak ada la gempak sangat but the basic is there.




 
1. Make sure you know the size of the cake. Mine was 8 inch so the bottom one I'll cucuk smaller than that size. So the top one to boleh agak-agak nak besar mana. Plus let the tali tu jatuh sikit (drape). Then only you cut the tali. I used any tali extra from orang bagi untuk ikat gift. If you don't have, use ribbon paling kecil.
Note : Kalau ada stick yang bigger will look nicer. I don't.
 
 
 

 
2. You can tie or you can put double sided tape at the stick and lilit the tali like I did to secure it.
 
 
 

 
3. Choose any ribbon, lace. I go with vintage style colour. Tapi sudahnya tak guna semua pun.




 
3. Cut each ribbon around 2 inch - 3 inch. And cut the hujung like that.
 
 
 
 
 
4. Try to susun dulu untuk tengok sesuai ke tak.
 
 
 

 
5. Put double sided tape kat bahagian dalam, in the middle of the ribbon.




 
6. Stick one by one kat tali. Try to buat kemas-kemas.




 
7. Done with the ribbons. It will look something like this.




 
8. Can tie a ribbon kat both end of the tali. Nampak lagi comel.
 
 
 

 
Then cucuk on the cake. Tadaaaaa.
The reason why I said kalau bigger sticks will look nicer.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Note : I'm not selling this at Sugar & Vanilla. Maybe not yet. That's why I put it here. But I'm selling that yummylicious moist chocolate cake with chocolate fudge topping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment