Sunday, June 9, 2013

June 2013

It's June...!! Pantas masa berlalu.

I finished my Diploma Pastry Art in June last year. And my brother got married in September. So I didn't go all out with Sugar & Vanilla (no marketing) sampai after kenduri our side.

Habis je my brother's wedding. I asked my parents to give me 6 months or sampai June 2013 to prove myself that I can naik kan my business. If things don't work out, to the hotel I go..!! Memang tak nak sangat kerja kat hotel. Yes, the best part kalau kerja elok-elok kat hotel boleh earn the title 'Pastry Chef'. But tak nak la. I love cake decorating. Title 'Cake Artist' pun comel juga. Hihihi.


Sooo what did I prove to my parents that I'm ok with doing my own business.




- November 2012
I approached a famous blogger / fashion designer untuk sponsor door gift. It worth a lot but totally worth every cent. If you've been following my story, it's Jezmine Zaidan of course. And she asked me to sell my things during the opening kat Girls in Hijab, Seksyen 7. It was a fun moment. I think this was my first marketing / sponsorship.


 
 
 
 
 
- November 2012
Tried a new dessert (art kind of style) untuk jual. Which is jelly..!! Yeay. Had fun playing with colours and layering. I'm taking jelly to a whole new level (as for me la sebab selama ni ingat jelly senang je).
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
- December 2012
Dapat masuk tv...!!! Show Safiyya. Where I was nervous like *tuuuttt*. Terus fobia dah nak masuk tv. A camera person. But not a video camera person. Or maybe having the thought of nanti orang tengok. So menggigil tu memang tahap max. But sangat cool experience.


 
 
 
 
 
 

- December 2012
Dapat buka booth with famous bloggers. Nurul TalkTalk, Suri Aryani, and also Jezmine Zaidan. The Save Gaza Charity Sale at Hello Deer. Maybe ada yang memang selalu buka booth with them, but for me, first time. Excited yang teramat sebab baca blog diorang since dulu lagi. And then tiba-tiba Nurul approached me untuk buka booth. Memang la nak. So I did. One of the best bazaar I joined. Tapi time tu memang terasa diri ini kerdil walaupun size paling besar among them. Ngehehehehe.



 
 
 
 
 
- February 2012
Dapat order buat 1300 cookies..! Order paling banyak and I did all the baking and decorating. Mama helped with the packing. At first Mama nak tolong bake kan. But I felt that I can push myself and I did. Fuh sangat crazy. But the downside of it, tak dapat nak accept banyak orders from other customers. Too busy with that.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-March 2013
I introduced continental cakes. Sebab I'm more to decorated so ada yang tanya nak beli cake untuk makan biasa-biasa je. And I said why not. Bought myself a fridge just for cakes. And Alhamdulillah ramai yang suka. Lagi-lagi banyak cakes jual ikut recipe my mama. Recipes that I grew up with.
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
- March 2013
My cousin got married and I had to do a 4 tier cake..!! 3 tier pun tak pernah buat. Tapi terus kena buat 4 tier. Square shape pula tu. Kalau yang round one memang easier sebab tak ada those 4 sharp edges. So memang panic, risau, takut semua ada before nak buat. Bila dah siap sangat lega. I was so happy. And also the fact that the cake arrived safely. Alhamdulillah. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


- 2013 so far
Can't imagine all those tricky designs that I did. Design yang memang tak agak boleh buat tapi accept juga order. Sangat risky. Of course the 4 tier sakura cake was very scary sebab structure.
One of the examples I did cookies for Ika Radiusite. She asked for Dota 2 nya logo. Tapi gatal pergi suggest buat weapons juga. Very time consuming but the result was awesome. And banyak lagi contoh cuma belum edit gambar and all.


 
 
 
Followers and likes kat Instagram, Facebook and BlogSpot. Alhamdulillah makin hari makin ramai. Tak agak akan ramai yang like and follow secepat ni. Sangat appreciate :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So guess who doesn't have to work in a hotel ? Hee. Alhamdulillah. Happy where I am today. Will work harder. Impian nak buka cafe. Maybe a bit slow sebab takut tu still ada as well as rasa macam belum cukup ilmu in cake decorating. Future, InsyaAllah.
 
 
Thank you all for your supports. Happy bila customers message cakap suka cake or cake sedap. I'm happy that I can make other people happy. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment